Monday, October 13, 2008

new life

the undefeated team is once again undefeated, thanks to a mid-week stat correction that took 11 rushing yards away from marshawn lynch. my wk 5 opponent's score was thus reduced by a point, and we ended in a tie.

i somehow managed to breathe 'life' into my embarrassingly bad work league team, trading leron mcclain, deshaun jackson, and kellen winslow for jay cutler, dallas clark, and greg lewis. lewis is already back on waivers, as massive modifications to my team roster were necessary in order to attempt to make this trade work. jackson had been my highest-scoring receiver. i of course lost my week 6 matchup in typically awful fashion, falling to one and five. i've now anchored my lousy team to the same qb - cutler - who had brought 3 other teams to promising starts. it's a bit lame when your fortunes are linked so strongly to one guy, but cutler's owner had peyton, and preferred the colts qb.

No comments: