Saturday, August 9, 2008

downhill

i considered myself lucky to sit on top of the league one solitary day after those first few days had gone by. much to my surprise, my team finished at the top nearly every single day since then, and only this past week have i slipped into what seems an inevitable non-winning position. haren had a terrible start tonight, and i'm starting to wonder if berkman's going to hit a home run again. of course he'll hit some, but maybe he won't hit 5 the rest of the year. oddly, right after i tried to deal fielder, he went on a spree of long balls, and made up some ground for me in the process. the strange thing about my team is how few rbis it's racked up through now. taveras hurts, but there's somebody on most rosters who is a low rbi guy, and i'm not one taveras away from contention in the category.

No comments: